#MTM #chopwoodcarrywater #WILDDOGS ⬈🝚x🝚 #rememberthegoal #discipline #edify
Week 9 and week two of aerobic short specificity, with a twist this year. In essence, short, goal race pace efforts, with long recovery so the overall workout remains aerobic while getting to turn the legs over. The key is to make sure you take long enough recoveries. The second workout now is reps at 75-80% with a short recovery. Continue with the short hill repeats or fast strides on Thursday, and S&C circuit on Tue and Fri.
Continue to adjust paces for heat and humidity. The rest of your running for the week remains easy, 60-65%.
Tue - 12-15 x 200 hill repeats @ either 6k or 8k goal pace with ~2' easy rec
Fri - reps at ~Tempo (75-80%); w - 5-6 x 1600, r= 1' / m= 5-6 x 2000, r= 1'
Fri - reps at ~Tempo (75-80%); w - 5-6 x 1600, r= 1' / m= 5-6 x 2000, r= 1'
Simple, but not easy. Stay the course, be patient.
Again, reminder of important dates...
Incoming first-year/transfers: move-in Sat-Sun, August 15-16
Returning Students: return Mon-Tue, August 17-18
Returning Students: return Mon-Tue, August 17-18
Physicals for new people and for returning will be Tue, Aug 18.
Year-Beginning/Team Meeting will be Wednesday, Aug 19.
First practice will be in the AM of Thursday, Aug 20
Both the team and GTAA will have functions during the following week before school starts. Before you make any other plans for this week, make sure you clear with coaches first. If you know of any conflicts, make sure you notify coaches as soon as possible
XC Schedule:
Friday, Sep 4 - Kennesaw State XC Opener
Friday, Sep 18 - Southern Showcase at Huntsville
Friday, Oct 2 - GT Inv at Foxhall in Douglasville
Friday, Oct 16 - Crimson Classic at Tuscaloosa
Friday, Oct 30 - ACC Championships at Blacksburg
Friday, Nov 13 - NCAA South Region at Tallahassee
Saturday, Nov 21 - NCAA Championships at Terre Haute
Friday, Sep 18 - Southern Showcase at Huntsville
Friday, Oct 2 - GT Inv at Foxhall in Douglasville
Friday, Oct 16 - Crimson Classic at Tuscaloosa
Friday, Oct 30 - ACC Championships at Blacksburg
Friday, Nov 13 - NCAA South Region at Tallahassee
Saturday, Nov 21 - NCAA Championships at Terre Haute
As always, if unsure about anything, or have any questions, reach out.
24 comments:
51 miles last week- travel definitely had me tired but it’s nice to be down from altitude, felt like I needed no rest at all in workouts haha
73 miles. Lots of easy mileage and no sleep at week 2 of camp. Excited to be home and to be done with work. Great opportunity to sleep a lot and train more intentional than ever!
16 miles of walking and 3 hrs of recumbent bike!
Matt - 89 miles on the week. Tuesday workout was great but Fridays workout was disastrous. Sunday long run felt great though, 17 felt much more comfortable.
57 miles. Started the week good with Tuesday workout and on pace to hit full mileage, but I got sick at the end of the week and missed some mileage and Friday's workout. Feeling better now though so looking forward to a good week of training. Funny enough, I only missed one workout due to sickness last summer and it was also the fourth Friday of July.
47 miles
45 miles! Felt a lot better than the week before!
46 miles last week. Caught the camp cold on Monday so felt bad at the beginning of the week but I was all good by the end of the week and Friday’s tempo went well!
71 miles. Tuesday’s workout went fairly well, and Friday’s Ae T was very rainy but also very productive. Super hyped to have the XC schedule and looking forward to seeing how much faster I can run these courses this year.
43 miles, felt pretty tired from run camp and my boss was not nice by making me work till 11 pm and getting there at 6 am :’(
Besides that the hill session went really smooth
So so excited to move in soon and quit my job
82
Last full week in flag. Tuesday hills felt great but Friday was a little tougher than usual. Sad to leave, excited to come home, not excited to drive for 3 days. Joey is coming to flag today and I’m hitting the road tomorrow after I workout.
80 miles last week. Another week of feeling great. Tuesday and Friday workouts both felt great and long run was very nice too. Feeling pretty good all around at this point in my training. Hope everyone is doing well this week!
80 miles this week. Had some great workouts this week. Feels good to go faster on the hills. Also had a great long run at the river
55 miles last week both the workouts went well
94 good week. Billy
60 miles last week. Feeling good
59 last week
45 miles, freaking awesome again. Only complaint is my sleep is screwed but no worries guys im quitting this job August 4th so i will be at full strength come mid August.
70 miles
Lower mileage felt good this week. Work outs went well. Might have gone too hard on Tuesday’s hills, felt sore in my hamstrings from it for a few days. Friday’s tempo felt very strong. Foot issues went away then came back briefly but I haven’t had any issues for a few days now. I think getting rid of all the shoes I brought with me and switching to something with more cushioning is doing the trick, still watching it and treating it properly.
Making my way east this week. Hume Lake to Monterey to Pasadena. In route to Flagstaff now.
40 this week. Last week of my internship so excited to get a few weeks of focused running and recovery before classes start up. I think I’ve been progressing really well looking forward to sep 4th.
60 miles last week. Climbing back up in mileage. Painful running days are getting slimmer and slimmer. I've been prioritizing my eating and recovery habits. Still a super difficult schedule working full time and finishing my last summer course, but I can do this. Been incorporating more hard efforts finally. No intentional hill efforts yet but I get plenty of those on my runs through in my neighborhood. Hopefully I can get back in good shape soon but more importantly when the team needs it most.
73 miles. Both workouts went really well; I’m excited for the next week of training!
60 miles. Solid workouts and got some altitude training in
44 miles this week
Post a Comment